Heart attacks symptoms are different for women. I recently learned this.
Everyone should know these things.
thanks to mainstream media and being unable to show breasts on TV, way too few people know about female signs of cardiac distress, and impending heart attacks. they only know about the “pain in the left arm” male symptom.
i had all these symptoms once and they sent me right to hospital
it was scary bc i didnt know these were the symptoms for female heart issues
Please, please, PLEASE, reblog this. i don’t know if I did save or called false alarm, with my boss’ life tonight. I felt I was being a bit paranoid, overreacting, but I told Mirage my thoughts and he, after reading over the article I showed him, immediately sprung into action and then shooed her off to the hospital. I don’t know if I did or not, but I knew she’d been super stressed. She’d off-handedly commented on her arm tingling and I asked her if she felt queasy on a hunch. I went to look at the symptoms and we went from there.
What’s In My Purse?
Girlcode knows my life
I don’t know about you guys but I am psyched to get an education, woo. This year is a hella important year for me because if I don’t finish this school year with five As then I am a dead man walking, you get me? So this started off as a collection to help me get those fabulous As but I thought, what the hell? I’ll share this perfection with everyone else because sharing is caring. Anyways, down to the nitty gritty
001. CALEDONIA’S DECLASSIFIED SCHOOL SURVIVAL GUIDE
- advice for college
- how to survive in college
- how to survive freshmen year of high school
- college packing list
- alternative to buying expensive textbooks
- dorm room survival
- free online college courses
002. WRITE LIKE A FUCKING ANGEL
- the ultimate guide to writing
- how to write good
- how to write an essay
- how to write a good essay
- the five paragraph essay
- deadly sins checklist
- formatting your paper
- tips on getting started
- seven tips to become a better writer (stephen king)
- four ways to have confidence in your writing
- seven ways to speed up your writing
- five ways to add sparkle to your writing
- how to finish what you started: a five step plan for writers
- thirty-one ways to find inspiration for your writing
- tips for dealing with writer’s block
003. READING ISN’T ONLY FOR NERDS AND FANGIRLS
- how to take care of your books
- how to read shakespeare
- no fear shakespeare (i found this incredibly useful when studying macbeth!)
- one hundred most read books
- how to read difficult books
- how to read faster
- books made into movies
- books made into tv shows
- 350+ free ebooks
004. STUDY MOTHER FUCKER
- studying tips
- studying techniques
- how to pull an all-night and still have a successful exam result
- how to get motivated to study
- tips to help you concentrate
- time management tips
- chrome site blocker
005. LEARNING SHIT
- solve any maths equations: 1, 2.
- when your teacher says not to use wikipedia (an alternative)
- square root calculator, cube root calculator
- for when you can’t do your homework
- chemical equation balancer (what got me through chemistry last year)
- cliffnotes, sparknotes
- college courses
- how to: multiply big numbers
- crash courses (youtube)
- teaches you everything
006. PRESENTING YOUR BEAUTIFUL SCHOOL WORK AY
007. USEFUL WEBSITES BECAUSE THE INTERNET IS A WONDERFUL PLACE /SOMETIMES/
- TED (basically gods gift)
- challenge your brain
- feed the hungry and up your vocabulary game
- free online textbooks
- final grade calculator
- a whole page dedicated to studying and organising
008. MUSIC TO CALM DOWN UR SCHOOL DAY BLUES YO
- a really chill playist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- calm nature sounds
- concentration/focus playlist
- relaxation is key
- four hours of classical music
- playlists to listen to: xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx.
009. ALL THIS STUDYING??? YOU NEED A BREAK, MY FRIEND.
- watch a cute ass dog lick your screen
- one hundred thousand stars
- movies masterpost
- foreign movies
- gay movies
- lesbian movies you should definitely watch
- broadway musicals
- LGBT+ books
- download free books
- read any book
- the best masterpost ever if you’re bored
010. TIPS FOR SCHOOL N STUFF BCUS I WANTED TEN BITS
- try your best. not everyone can get all As, and getting all As does not make you better than everyone else. just do the best you can and be the best person you can be.
- don’t sleep in class! i know it seems so so tempting but slept my way through geography last year and i got a C in my exam instead of the expected A so…
- Don’t tick off your teacher, follow the rules to an extent, get to class on time, respect your classmates and teachers. you know, just be a decent person.
- be positive!!! and not just for the first week or so, keep the positivity going throughout the whole school year. if you don’t believe in yourself then why should anyone else?
- "you can do it, wildcat, i believe in u" — something troy bolton said one time probably definitely
Hello, all of you wonderful individuals! This may be a bit late for some of you, but I’m throwing together a masterpost in hopes of helping all of you in as many areas pertaining to the school year as I can think of.
- Crash Course Videos (especially helpful for history!)
- Khan Academy (helpful for technical and math-related subjects)
- Slader (search for your textbook and find solutions)
- Wolphram Alpha (for all your calculating needs!)
- Interactive Periodic Table
- Cliffs Notes (I’ve personally found this more helpful than Sparknotes)
- Make your own online flash cards
- This blog has very helpful posts for those of you taking AP classes, the SAT, or the ACT!
- A very helpful AP review site for you to bookmark
- Use this website for citations and bibliographies
- Plan out your week
- Color something
- Make a glitter jar
- Fold something
- Watch something
- Read something
- Draw something
- Cook something
Keeping Your Spirits Up
- Ambient noise generator
- Talk to someone (but please be careful!)
- Play with animal friends across the internet!
- Vent here and receive encouragement here
- Relax here, here, or here
And please remember that even when it’s a challenge, you can do it! Good luck, I hope this helped you :)
hey fellow ppl who menstruate!
my gynecologist told me today that she doesn’t reccomend Always brand menstrual products, especially to people with sensitive skin, because they’ve been known to irritate the vulva. She said even if you don’t notice an irritation, it can still affect yr vaginal health/make you more prone to yeast infections etc.
please spread this so we can avoid hecking up our vulvas!
Thoughtful underwear with hidden powers. For every pair purchased you fund 7 pads to a girl in need.
OH SHIT YOU GUYS THIS COMPANY IS MAKING UNDERWEAR THAT IS STAIN RESISTANT, ANTIMICROBIAL, AND WILL ABSORB UP TO 6 TEASPOONS OF LIQUID BUT STILL LOOKS FUCKING SEXY
AND DID I MENTION THIS PART:
For every pair of THINX you buy, you help one girl in the developing world stay in school by providing her with seven washable, reusable cloth pads.
AND WHY IS THAT SUCH A BIG DEAL? HERE’S WHY:
After doing some research, Agrawal says she found that more than 100 million girls in the developing world were missing a week of school because of their periods, and using things such as leaves, old rags, or plastic bags in the place of sanitary pads.
THE SIZES RUN FROM XS TO XXL AND THE PRICES ARE NOT INSANE, THEY’RE OBVIOUSLY HIGHER THAN THOSE 5 FOR $10 SALES AT TARGET BUT YOU WON’T HAVE TO THROW THEM OUT BECAUSE YOU MISCALCULATED YOUR FLOW AND BLED ALL OVER THEM BEFORE YOU COULD GET TO A BATHROOM
I’M SORRY FOR SHOUTING I’M JUST REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS
LIKE HOLY FUCKBASKET IT’S ABOUT DAMN TIME
- Posted 2 months ago
- Reblogged from bantamshine with
- 291,156 notes
- very important and helpful for anyone who gets their period!!
- possibly cissexist?
- ♥ Reblog This
Anonymous asked: hey okay so it may sound tacky but... i really want a boyfriend. Ive never had one before but there are really cute guys in my class and i feel myself longing for romance :) anyway the guys just dont ask girls out and i dont know why. Theyre probably shy but im kindof old fashioned but i dont want to ask a guy out... advice??? xx
i mean, i’d give you some if i had any but that was like pretty much my exact situation too from grade 6-senior year of college and i never quite figured it out
maybe…talk to them? be friendly and flirty-ish? i never did much of that and i think that maaaay have been a mistake on my part, looking back. like a pretty big flaw in my plan.
also think hard about whether there’s a specific guy that you really like and you want to date him, or whether you just like the idea of having a boyfriend [any boyfriend]. because tbh to me it sounds like the latter and it’s not that great to just think of a relationship as like, a status symbol that you have. because that’s not what they’re supposed to be about.
girls all go to the bathroom together because that’s where we rap battle
girls just wanna have
real pockets on our clothes, damn
Give Face for Real Cheap: The Best Beauty Products That Are Basically Under 10 Bucks (in the US)
I want you lovely people to be able to give major face, even on a budget. I know a lot of you are on a ramen noodle/well whiskey drink budget. I feel that. Makeup can be extraordinarily expensive, and although I’ve gotten some shit for making lists about drugstore makeup by people who believe drugstore makeup is crap (and if any makeup, drugstore or otherwise, irritates your face, return it immediately/set it on fire), I still stand by all this stuff. I’ve waded through a lot of drugstore dog doo for this, and I think it’s a strong compilation of good, long-lasting, not cheaply made stuff. Yeah, that’s right, babies..I’m here to keep the wallet afloat while you still look hot at boring parties. Here’s the big ass list—
L’oreal Butterfly Mascara
CoverGirl Clump Crusher
Jordana Best Lash
Maybelline The Rocket Mascara
Maybelline Eye Studio Quad in Copper Chic (a smoky eye for the darker toned)
Maybelline Expertwear in Charcoal Smokes (a traditional smoky eye)
Wet’n’Wild Color Icon Collection Trio in Walking on Eggshells
NYX The Natural Palette
Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded or Bad to the Bronze
CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Mink or Champagne (Dupe for Stila Kitten)
Rimmel ScandalEyes in Nude, Brown, or Black (pencil)
ELF Essential Waterproof Eyeliner Pen (liquid-ish)
NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder
Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil
ELF Studio Eyebrow Kit
NYC Browser Brush-on Brow Kit
L’Oreal True Match (great range of colors for darker skin tones)
CoverGirl Stay Fabulous Foundation (great for pale/pink-toned skin)
Maybelline FitMe Foundation (perfecto for yellow-toned skin)
Maybelline DreamFresh BB Cream
L’Oreal True Match Stick
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer Treatment
NYX HD Concealer (dupe for NARS)
NYC Sunny Bronzer
Maybelline FitMe Bronzer
Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent Powder
Revlon Photo Ready Powder
Elf Studio Blush in Twinkle Pink (Dupe for NARS Orgasm)
Elf Studio Blush in Pink Passion (for the bright!)
Milani Baked Blush
ELF Studio Baked Highlighter
Wet’N’Wild MegaLast Lipsticks in Purty Persimmon, Dollhouse Pink, or Vamp It Up
NYX Butter Lipsticks
NYX Macaron Lipstick in Chambord (V Black!)
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Black Cherry
KateMoss for Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte in 113 (Nice nude)
Maybelline Baby Lips
Maybelline Color Whisper in Oh La Lilac or Pink Possibilities
NYX Butter Glosses
Neutrogena MoistureShine Gloss (for those who LOVE glossy lips)
Real Techniques Brushes for Face or Eyes
ELF Studio Brushes
Anonymous asked: I am in the 6th grade (first year of middle school) this guy attmitted he liked me and I told him I liked him ( but I don't ) what do I do
Ooh, that’s a bit awkward. Is there a particular reason you told him you like him even though you don’t, or was it just nerves?
Well anyway, the simplest way to deal with is to just straight-up tell him that you don’t actually LIKE like him that way. I know it seems impossible, but unfortunately, that’s just what you’re going to have to do.
Don’t lead him on by going on dates with him or acting cute and flirty.
Just own up to your mistake and then get on with your life.